On this page you will find helpful information in regards to the services the Office for Inclusion and Equity offers to departmental representatives and administrators.
- Departmental Incident Report Form (For Admin/HR Use Only)
- Educational Training Programs
- University Compliance Reporting Data
- OIE Policies
Faculty Recruitment and Retention Information
- Gender Equity for Faculty (Source: Executive Vice President and Provost’s Office)
- Work-Life Resources and Family Friendly Policies for Faculty (Source: Executive Vice President and Provost’s Office)
- Faculty, Graduate Students, and Postdoctoral Fellows Recruitment Toolkit
- Faculty, Graduate Students, and Postdoctoral Fellows Retention Toolkit
Where to Get Help
There are many ways in which faculty, staff, and students may pursue resolution of problems involving claims of unlawful discrimination, including discriminatory harassment and sexual harassment. As a departmental representative or administrator, you are charged with knowing what resources are available at the University. Here you will find some useful information that will benefit you in the course of your role and that will also be useful when the need may arise for you to refer your constituients.
The Office for Inclusion and Equity provides pre-grievance, informational, and employment counseling for faculty, staff, or students who believe they have experienced discrimination, harassment, or retaliation. (Note that if a student is alleged to have engaged in any of the aforementioned actions, the matter may be appropriately referred to the Office of the Dean of Students.) After reviewing the situation, OIE representatives will suggest alternatives for action by explaining applicable internal procedures as well as other options. With the individual’s consent, the staff may be able to assist in resolving the problem informally without using the formal grievance process.
Faculty and Staff
Faculty or staff members who believe they have experienced unlawful discrimination or discriminatory harassment by faculty or staff members may discuss the matter with the Office for Inclusion and Equity. In some cases, faculty members may wish to use the faculty grievance procedure in their unit.
- Faculty may also consult with the Office of the Faculty Ombuds at (512) 471-5866
- Staff may also consult with the Office of the Staff Ombuds at (512) 232-8010
- Faculty or staff who need an accommodation due to a disability may contact the ADA Coordinator
Other Human Resources Services that faculty or staff may consult with include:
- Conflict Management and Dispute Resolution Services at (512) 471-6638
- Employee Assistance Program at (512) 471-3366
OIE is available to discuss student concerns related to cases of possible discrimination, harassment, retaliation, consensual relations, and sexual misconduct/contact against a faculty, staff member, visitor, or contractor. Information about OIE’s policies and available resources for students may be obtained by contacting (512) 471-1849.
To learn more, students may discuss concerns of discrimination or harassment by a faculty or staff member with OIE staff.
- Students may also consult with Student Ombuds Services at (512) 471-3825.
- Students who experience discrimination, harassment, or sexual harassment by other students may consult with the Office of the Dean of Students at (512) 471-5017 or the Institutional Title IX Coordinator at (512) 232-3992.
- Student Emergency Services – (512) 471-5017
- Student Judicial Services – (512) 471-2841
- Students who need an accommodation due to a disability may contact Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) at (512) 471-6259.