- Interested in learning more about successful diversity planning models both here at UT Austin and at peer institutions?
- Need advice on how to create a diversity and equity committee and establish its mission?
- Wondering what types of data would inform your academic unit’s diversity planning process?
- Want to know more about ways to engage your academic unit in the planning and implementation process?
Contact the Office for Inclusion and Equity to learn more about the diversity planning tools for diversity and equity committees. If you are interested in learning more, contact OIE via email or via phone at 512-471-1849.
- Creating a diversity and equity committee
- Establishing a diversity planning process tailored to your unit
- Collecting and analyzing relevant data
- Identifying ways to engage your unit in the planning and implementation process
- Setting goals, objectives, and priorities in developing the plan
- Implementing the plan
The OIE Diversity Planning Tools are based on the pilot diversity planning process facilitated with the College of Fine Arts as well as processes used at peer institutions such as the University of California Berkeley.
To learn more about the Office for Inclusion and Equity’s diversity planning partnership with the College of Fine Arts, visit the Fine Arts Diversity Committee’s website.
“It is not uncommon to encounter or participate in efforts to increase diversity and equity that are passionate, ambitious, and serious in nature. However, it is quite uncommon that these initiatives culminate in lasting institutional change that goes beyond achieving often limited and frequently short-lived victories. Through our five-year diversity plan, the College of Fine Arts is intentionally engaged in specific actions, based on theory, data, and sustainable methodologies, to improve diversity and equity within the college, resulting in long-term institutional change.”
John A. Yancey
Fine Arts Diversity Committee Chair
Professor, Department of Art and Art History
College of Fine Arts