The Office for Inclusion and Equity (OIE) draws upon its extensive expertise in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), as well as in restorative justice practices, to create impactful learning experiences. We serve as a learning hub for the university community as well as external organizations. The OIE contributes to the university’s commitments to fostering equal opportunity in employment, transformational learning and equitable access for all persons regardless of age, citizenship, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation and veteran status.
To build awareness within the university and our community, the OIE provides:
- Tailored educational opportunities to the university and the community related to diversity, equity, inclusion and restorative justice practices;
- Individual consultation and/or coaching with university and external organizations’ leadership;
- A central hub for a learning community of university faculty and staff dedicated to expanding their knowledge about DEI and increasing equity on campus;
- The Inclusive Classrooms Leadership Certificate Seminar, which engages faculty, assistant instructors and teaching assistants in discussions about strategies for creating and sustaining an inclusive classroom climate; and
- Support to academic deans, department chairs, search committee chairs and search committee members for conducting inclusive faculty search and recruitment processes in partnership with the Senior Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs.
Current Learning Opportunities
- Texas Diversity Institute
- Dynamics of Diversity
- Dynamics of Inclusive Leadership
- Tailored trainings related to DEI and restorative justice practices