On this page you will find helpful information in regards to the services the Office for Inclusion and Equity offers to students.
Where to Get Help
The Office for Inclusion and Equity (OIE) is available to discuss student concerns related to cases of possible discrimination, harassment, retaliation, consensual relations, and sexual misconduct/contact against a faculty, staff member, visitor, or contractor. Information about OIE’s policies and available resources for students may be obtained by contacting (512) 471-1849.
To learn more, students may click on the following link to get detailed information about OIE and our services.
- Students may also consult with Student Ombuds Services at (512) 471-3825.
- Students who experience discrimination, harassment, or sexual harassment by other students may consult with the Office of the Dean of Students at (512) 471-5017 or the Institutional Title IX Coordinator at (512) 232-3992.
- Student Emergency Services – (512) 471-5017
- Student Judicial Services – (512) 471-2841
- Students who need an accommodation due to a disability may contact Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) at (512) 471-6259.
Related Resources & Websites
- BCAL — Behavior Concerns Advice Line
- Gender Inclusive Restroom Locations
- Inclusive U app for iPhone (gender inclusive restrooms finder for campus)
- Lactation and Quiet Room Locations
- Legal Services for Students
- Campus Climate Response Team
Links to External Resources
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law – November 2009
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law – November 2009 (Spanish poster)
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Supplement)
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Supplement, Spanish poster)
- U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights (OCR)
- Texas Workforce Commission – Civil Rights & Discrimination
- U.S. Department of Justice ADA Home Page
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program (federal)